The Mental Health First Aid program is an interactive session which runs 12 hours over two 6-hour days or four 3-hour sessions. Mental Health First Aid certification must be renewed every three years, and introduces participants to risk factors and warning signs of mental health problems, builds understanding of their impact, and overviews common treatments.
12 contact hours are awarded to participants who attend 100% of the program. Hours are eligible for continuing education credit.
(Note: Mental Health First Aid USA has been approved by the Society for Human Resource Management's HR Certification Institute as a pre-approved provider of 12 general Recertification Credit Hours).
- One in four Americans will experience a mental health problem each year - yet most will go without treatment
- Professional help is not always on hand when a mental health crisis arises
- Many people do not know how to recognize mental health and substance use problems and what treatments are available
- People with mental health problems may not realize they need help or that help is available to them
- Mental Health First Aid USA envisions that Mental Health First Aid will become as common as CPR and First Aid training during the next decade
1) 2 day course - Saturday, May 11 and 18 (9:00-4:00)
- NISD Learning Center, visit www.nisd.net/ace to register
2) Tues. evening class 4 sessions TBD in January (6:00-9:00 pm)
For more information or to schedule an upcoming class in the San Antonio area, click here:
Other US Locations:
The Action Plan
A 5-step action plan encompassing the skills, resources, and knowledge to assess the situation, to select and implement appropriate interventions, and to help the individual in crisis connect with appropriate professional care.
Sometimes, first aid isn't
or the Heimlich,
or calling 911.
Sometimes, first aid is YOU!
Take the course, save a life, strengthen your community.